Röyksopp - What Else Is There (Trentemøller Remix) 2005

School mates Svein Berge & Torbjørn Brundtland, a.k.a. Röyksopp, hail from Tromsø, Norway. Experimenting with electronic instruments in the early 1990s as a part of their town's techno scene, Röyksopp quote their influences as far flung as Kraftwerk, Brian Eno, Giorgio Moroder, Art of Noise, Vangelis and Erik Satie. They often include references and homages, for instance, Röyksopp Forever to famous electronic pioneers of the 70s, including the likes of Vangelis and these people, and Krautrock, like Tangerine Dream and even Pink Floyd and King Crimson.
Svein and Torbjørn's first single 'So Easy' became popular in the UK after being used in a UK T-Mobile ad. Since the duo's 1998 debut, the duo has gained critical acclaim and popular success around the world.
Apart from their unique electronic style, the pair are known for collaborating with a wide range of vocalists. 2005's What Else is There features the vocals of Swedish Karin Dreijer Andersson from The Knife and Fever Ray. The single release includes a remix by Danish producer Anders Trentemøller, which is by far the best of the lot.
The track was used in the films Cashback (2006) and Meet Bill (2007). Trentemøller's remix was featured in an episode of the HBO TV Show Entourage.

Röyksopp - What Else Is There (Trentemøller Remix)
BE#2, NOR#4, SWE#30 (all in 2006) and UK#32 (in 2005)



Lyrics:

It was me on that road
But you couldn't see me
Too many lights out, but nowhere near here

It was me on that road
Still you couldn't see me
And then flashlights and explosions

Roads end getting nearer
We cover distance but not together

I am the storm I am the wonder
And the flashlights nightmares
And sudden explosions

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish

It's about you and the sun
A morning run
The story of my maker
What I have and what I ache for

I've got a golden ear
I cut and I spear
And what else is there

Roads and getting nearer
We cover distance still not together

If I am the storm if I am the wonder
Will I have a flashlights nightmares
And sudden explosions

There's no room where I can go and
You've got secrets too

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish

No comments:

Post a Comment